Ontario Home-Share Insurance

Invite Great Home-Sharing Insurance into Your Home for When You Host Renting Guests

The Sharing economy is a great way for people to earn a little extra income. And now there's an easy, affordable insurance solution for homeowners who take part in Airbnb, Flipkey or HomeAway! With a home-sharing insurance policy through Erb and Erb Insurance Brokers Ltd. you can protect yourself, your family, your home, and your guests all with one simple home-sharing insurance policy!

How does this Home-Sharing Insurance Work?

Erb and Erb Insurance Brokers now offers Aviva Insurance homeowner policy holders the option to add a simple endorsement onto their policy. The Short-Term Rental Endorsement can either be added or purchase as a standalone product for rental income property owners.

Any Airbnb, Flipkey, HomeAway or VRBO member in Ontario is eligible for this new insurance program.

You can choose your level of coverage based on how much or little you want to share your home with renting guests.

  • Option 1: Rent your entire home up to 90 days or a portion of your home, like a basement or bedroom, for the full year.
  • Option 2: Rent your entire home up to 180 days or a portion of your home, like a basement or bedroom, for the full year.
  • Option 3: Income Property owners can rent their entire rental property for the full year.

Why Should You Get Home Sharing Insurance?

Accidents happen.

Imagine you return home, after having rented your house for a week, to find it a smoldering ruin, or severely damaged because of an accident your guests had?

Many people don’t realize that the standard homeowner’s policy in Ontario excludes coverage for losses or damage that can occur while renting it to others. People wanting to take part in the home sharing economy would have to purchase a commercial insurance property policy, with different limits on their personal contents. Until now!

What Coverage Do You Get With a House-sharing Insurance Policy?

You Enjoy All the Same Protections as A Regular Homeowner's Insurance Policy, Except You Also Protect Your Guests.

  • Your home has full coverage for wind, fire, water, thefts, vandalism just like any normal home insurance policy.
  • You'll have access to additional living expenses should you need to live somewhere else while your home is repaired.
  • You have liability coverage in case of accident and injury that occurs on your property.
  • Legal fees and defence costs are included with your liability coverage.
  • Protection for you and your guests while they rent your home or room at all times – from the moment they step into your home to the moment they leave your property.

Don't Wait for a Sudden Fire to Happen Before You Get the Home-sharing Insurance You Need!

Get Protected Now

One of our personal insurance experts will review your situation and provide you with options, easily!

It's so easy to get a quote. Simply fill in the above quote form, starting with your postal code, or call 800.265.2634 and you'll see how we can protect you expertly, easily and affordably.